Frequently Asked Questions
Click the Anchor (+) to reveal the Answer; Click the Anchor (-) to Toggle
A: Yes, each residence may include one pet of up to 50 lbs.
A: If you were fully approved to lease, you will lose all fees and deposits paid. If you were approved conditionally or did not qualify to lease, you will lose only your application fee.
Yes, our residents can enjoy our wonderfully relaxing, twenty-person Jacuzzi daily from 7:00 am until midnight.
A: Yes, residents can benefit from our dry, infrared sauna designed to produce results more comfortably, quickly, and effectively than a steam sauna.
A: Yes, along with the second-floor Conference Room facing the New River Leasing Office.
A: Yes, we’re only steps away from both Las Olas and the downtown Himmarshee areas enjoyed by locals and tourists alike; or hop on the FREE water-trolley offering service to both locations!
A: Yes, we offer deluxe, energy-efficient Whirlpool washers and dryers conveniently located in each apartment residence.
A: Yes, exclusive use of the Club Room is available for a reasonable event rental fee.
A: We offer the luxurious benefit of 24-hour Concierge and Valet Services to both residents and their guests. The heating and air conditioning units in our apartments, have a Relative Humidity setting on the programmable thermostat. The relative humidity sensor, keeps your apartment perfect even when it’s very humid outside.
LEASING TERMS AND QUALIFYING STANDARDS
When you meet the application standards, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that you will be joining other residents who have also meet strict standards. All residents have been screened with the same leasing terms and qualifying standards before residency and have been completed with equal care.
Our community operates by the Fair Housing Act, as well as all applicable state and local laws regarding fair housing and equal opportunity. It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, national origin religion, sex, disability or familial status. “Familial Status” means one or more individuals under 18 living with either a parent or other authorized person, and also applies to anyone who is pregnant or in the process of securing custody of a minor child.
If your application meets all of the following criteria, you will be approved. If it does not, you may be approved with conditions, which may require you to pay an additional security deposit.
APPLICATION SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
A complete Screening Application:
All lines must be filled in and questions answered for the application to begin the approval process.
All Applicants over the age of 18 are considered an adult and must complete a Screening Application.
All occupants over the age of 18 must sign the Lease Agreement along with the leaseholder(s).
All residents of the apartment must be listed on the Lease Agreement.
Two forms of identification are needed to complete the Screening Application.
- Photo Identity is required, e.g. permanent resident card, passport, driver’s license or citizenship certificate.
- Social Security number (SSN), e.g. Social Security card, paycheck, 1099 form. If you don’t have an SSN, you will need to provide a letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) and a secondary proof of identity. All applicants that do not have a social security number will be required to pay the remaining security deposit equal to two month’s rent, after the application is approved, before moving into the apartment.
(Note: a copy of each form of ID will be required once your screening application is approved.)
Verifiable rental history: The standard approval process requires verifiable rental history for the most recent past two years. It is your responsibility to provide necessary information that allows us to contact your previous landlord(s) for this information. You must have a history of paying your rent on time, have given proper notice, have no dispossessory warrant(s) filed and must not owe any money to your landlord. If we are unable to verify your previous landlord (s) and references, we reserve the right to require an additional security deposit or deny your application.
Income Eligibility: To become eligible for residency approval you must meet the monthly income requirements set forth by this community at three times the monthly rent. We will review previous income of two years and projected 12 months in an acceptable form of documentation. All funds must be in a United States Bank.
Please note that unemployment income does not count as income when forecasting.
Accepted forms of Income documentation include:
- Current Pay Stub with YTD information
- A letter from your Employer on company letterhead, verified by leasing associate by phoning the author and confirming the conditions stated, followed by current paystub.
- W2 from prior the year plus current paystub indicating the applicant works for the same company.
- Tax return from previous years must be executed and certified by CPA. Current earnings verified by CPA are six months of “average daily balances” in the bank account for the business owners.
- The Certified Financial Statement accompanied with Articles of Incorporation listing applicant as Principle, accompanied by six months of “average daily balance” in a personal bank account.
- Current money market account standing, bank account balance revolving for 12 months for those independently wealthy, accompanied by a letter of explanation for wealth.
- All funds must be in USA bank accounts with documented source of monthly income.
- Exchange Visitors: If you’re a J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor, we also need to see your D S -2 019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange
- Visitor Status: If you are a J-1 student, student intern, or international visitor, you must provide a letter from your sponsor. The letter should be on sponsor letterhead with an original signature that authorizes your employment.
- International Students: If you’re an F-1 or M-1 student, we need to see your Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.
USA Visa Stay: Please see our International Qualifications. “Visa B visitors for business or pleasure have been issued a visa for no more than a year at first, usually six months. You can apply for extensions of stay in six-month increments if your reasons are consistent with the terms and conditions of your original status”. Non-USA citizens will be required to provide a current Visa issued for the term of the initial lease term.
- Green Card Holder (Permanent Resident) A Green Card holder (permanent resident) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “Green Card.”
Credit History: Credit accounts should have satisfactory ratings, and all utility accounts must be current with no balance owing. If credit has been slow but all other qualifications for residency have been met, an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent may be required.
We will consider a mortgage as rental history and must be on the credit report, if active within the past two years, however, if the mortgage is late or in default, you could be asked to pay a double security deposit providing the other criteria set forth are met.
Bankruptcy results are permitted, but only if the bankruptcy is dismissed or discharged and addition deposit may apply.
Criminal background: Criminal background checks are required for all adult members of the household. Leasing associates and managers are not permitted to discuss criminal history with applicants before contacting their Regional Managers for proper direction.
Felonies: All felony record that appears on any member of the household will be automatically denied. An adverse action letter will be provided to you and your clarification and if you wish to dispute the findings will be with the screening company-Real Page.
Misdemeanors: Will not be cause for denial of an application.
Unclassified Reports: All unclassified reports will require investigation either through public records to determine status; Felony or Misdemeanor. It will be the burden of the applicant to provide acceptable documentation on unclassified reports.
Guarantor/Co-Signers: Guarantors accepted, must earn 5X the monthly rent and have excellent credit.
Please understand that with new construction Delivery dates may vary, and we reserve the right to change the scheduled move-in date by 15 days without penalty. If the move-in date changes by more than 30 days we will refund the security deposit in the event you cannot wait and need to cancel your application.
Important things to remember:
- All applicants 18 years of age or older will be required to go through the application process and sign the lease as a lease holding resident.
- No credit reports will be printed at any time, nor are we permitted to discuss the reporting with the applicant.
- Felony reports, convictions, or charges are automatic denials.
- All applicants will be notified immediately upon approval or denial with written results generated from the screening program. Also, this approval/denial will be noted on your application at this time.
- Holding deposits are not refundable once you have been notified that your application has been approved.
- It is required to leave your ID in the leasing office when touring the community.